A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wine!

If you know me, you know how I adore wine.  A few weeks ago I broke my vow to stop purchasing Groupons (they will suck your budget dry!) and got one for Wine Insiders.  I paid $50 and got to purchase $100 worth of wine which was conveniently delivered to my house.

A note about the website: the selection is small.  But each wine is hand picked by the site's owners and they guarantee you will like what you get.  Sounds promising to me.  It took them awhile to ship though! And shipping on this package wasn't exactly cheap.  I placed the order about a week ago but the company didn't give it to UPS for shipping until yesterday.  But it was overnight shipping from there and I got my wines today! 
My wine cabinet has more than one wine in it for the first time ever!  We'll see how long that lasts.
The wines! I was able to get 5.  All vineyards I have never tried before and even some new varietals.

 Keep watching for reviews and tasting notes on these wines as I open them.

No comments: