A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Babe in the Woods: Part II

I survived my first whitewater/camping trip.  And I absolutely loved it! Yesterday I found myself looking at Songer's website to see how much the various rafting trips cost--I want to go again.

Camping wasn't so bad either, but we weren't exactly roughing it.  There was a large shower area with electricity and plugs for hair dryers and we were fed all day Saturday.  The camping area was large, but for some reason everyone set up their tents right next to each other.  On the first night this created problems for our group since we were right next to a really obnoxious group who refused to go to sleep (when 90% of the camp was trying to sleep).  We were treated to their inane conversation all night and I only got about 2 hours of sleep.  Some choice topics included a lively game of "who farted?!", popcorn ("you know what happens when you bring out the popcorn"), child-rearing ("I want to have a kid so I can impart some f--king wisdom"), and Jordan, whose name was wailed by some lonely girl for most of the night ("Jooorrrdaaannn!")

We moved our 3 tents clear across the field the next day.  Luckily, adrenaline kept me going for the rafting trip and I didn't really feel tired until the next night. 

Schmitty was about what I expected, but a nice guy.  I ended up sitting next to him during dinner before my friends got there and we chatted for a bit.  I don't think he was sober any of the times I met him--but he was fun to talk to.   

I brought a camera but didn't take a single picture, I was too busy doing other things. I did purchase a picture of my group. I hear that Schmitty might post all the photos and a video online later--but I wanted to make sure I had at least one photo of mine own (even though it cost $20--but when you think about what the photographer was doing to get the picture, it seems kinda okay.)

No comments: