1. Cried about my job for the first time ever
2. Drastically cut my hair on a whim (I needed a change! And I like it now.)
|The pic I showed my stylist and new hairstyle. Though not so messy. Unless students make me start pulling my hair out. Again.|
4. Researched how much it would cost me to go back to school and get a masters in Art History ( a long dream of mine, but bad job market.) about $13,000 at George Mason
5. Did a little job search on the Smithsonian Museum website
6. Got angrier and angrier about the person who stole my debit card and spent over $300 at a Korean grocery store
7. Then got more and more frustrated about my financial situation. How badly I want to invest and plan for my future but have absolutely NO extra money to do so.
8. Realized, yet again, that things are not actually working out for me romantically
9. Felt pressure because I keep thinking I'm running out of time to deal with all this finance, job, love stuff. I'm supposed to have that figured out now right?!?
10. Felt bad/guilty for whining about all this in the first place. After all, these aren't real problems right?
And as I was driving home today with my new haircut, considering shopping and getting new clothes (I didn't, wrong time of year for that!) I realized I felt like I was dealing with a midlife crisis, but minus the whole "midlife" thing. So I did the math and decided this would be a quarterlife crisis. Curious, I googled it and it turns out that it is a REAL THING!
There are books , a wikipedia entry and even a movie on the topic. And of course there's www.quarterlifecrisis.com
I also found a candle. But I'm not linking to that because it's just too stupid and we shouldn't dignify it with any more views.
So, great, there is a "reason" for the way I'm feeling. But now what? If you need me, I will be found in the Self Help section of Borders, surrounded by books about how to make it through the "horrible" mid-20s.
Or in the salon, getting my head shaved because I need a "change." Suddenly Britney Spears doesn't seem so crazy.
|She was about 26 when she did this... just think about it.|