A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Notes from the Chalkboard

I often write and/or draw random things on the chalkboard while teaching that make total sense in context, but later make me go "hmmm..."
My 9th graders just finished reading Poe's "Cask of Amontillado" (which can be found here).  They were a little confused about the ending.

So without further ado, I give you a pictorial representation of the shocking conclusion:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL wow that is awesome.... although I have no Idea what is going on, I may have to read this as a break from Studying Organic Chem today :)

Unknown said...

By the way this looks like a guy in a santa hat screaming at a ladder! Love It!

Deborah said...

Say What???

Unknown said...

Actually pretty good depiction here... just you're missing the guy who is plastering the wall (or perhaps he's already left the other dude to die at this point). Poe is a genius whose works definitely lend themselves to classroom chalkboard interpretation.