A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Anne Burrell

Anne Burrell is a chef and stars in the Food Network show aptly named "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef."
Okay, so her hair is a little crazy. And she's a tad too orange.  And occasionally channels Kermit the Frog ( "BIG meat!") but I absolutely adore her.  She has a great sense of humor and her Twitter page (tweets? I dunno, I haven't really gotten into that particular technology) is pretty funny.  She also goes back and forth with Jillian Madison about her blog, FoodNetworkHumor.com, which is one of my favorites. So she has a sense of humor about herself as well--which scores major points in my book.
And did I mention that the woman seriously knows how to cook?
But the reason I secretly love her is that she is a little like me in the kitchen.  I am embarrassed to admit but I do occasionally narrate what I'm doing, sing about ingredients, say "hello" to things, or make exclamations like "oh yeah" or "wooo! Eggplant!"  My sister can attest to this as she has (for better or worse) been exposed to some of my odder mannerisms.  Yeah, I'm a little weird. 
Enjoy this remix from the foodnetworkhumor blog and try not to get "pappa al pomodoro" stuck in your head.

No comments: