A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to School Shopping

One of the great things about my job is that I still get to indulge in youthful rituals like summer vacation, snow days and back to school shopping.  It's approaching that time when I need to refresh my wardrobe for the new year and I am so excited about the new trends I am seeing.  In a few weeks I will be hitting the mall and online stores.  
Downside is that I am now spending my own money rather than my parents...
In my recent issue of Real Simple (an amazing magazine you can check out here) they did a feature on the new "Luxe Ladylike" fashions for fall and I fell in love with every outfit they featured. This is exactly my kind of style: elegant, quietly sexy, and a little vintage.  I will be using these pictures as inspiration for my shopping.  I also love the makeup style on these models.  All photos are from the  Real Simple  website.  The original article can be found here (with shopping info--but the clothes aren't cheap!)

The back of this dress is a deep V cut.
Notice the hat... I could totally see myself teaching in this.

I'm on the fence about the faux fur, but love the skirt and top. 
In addition to hats, I wonder if I could get away with wearing gloves like this...
Love everything about this--must find a bag like that.
Not loving the pattern here, but the silhouette is great as are the shoes.

My goal: find great fall pieces like these that fit within my budget.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are such cute looks that look so much like you! I think you should wear the hat and gloves while teaching. They are both cute pieces though I say yes! For the faux fur, it does as a classy warm look to the ofit but I must agree with on the fence.

Anonymous said...

Not sure the classroom is ready for hats & gloves!!