A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Chair!!

Over the past year, I have been in the process of updating my apartment and purchasing quality furniture that will last me for years and years.  I look at it like an ongoing art project--I just love interior design!  I got a new couch around November, purchased a really nice quilt (that I am STILL waiting for!) and yesterday--I bought a new chair!! 

I am member of several interior design flash sale sites--most people my age are members of designer clothes flash sales.  Not me.  I really recommend checking them out--amazing deals and neat stuff!  There's The Foundary, One King's Lane, and Joss & Main--where I got the chair. 

But first, let me tell you about my old chair... I bought it from a cheap furniture store when I first moved here 3 years ago.  It only cost about $299 for the chair AND ottoman.  I thought it was quite a deal, and it was the blue color I love.  But 3 years later, the thing is a blemish in my apartment.  The construction is quite cheap and time is a wrecker.  The fabric is also ridiculous. It's not microfiber, just regular fabric (polyester I think) but if i run my fingernails across it--BAM! white streaks that won't go away.  If I spill water--yes, water--on the chair, it creates a stain.  And the back of the chair has acquired some odd brown stain.  You'd think I was always dirty when I sat in it.  Which I rarely do anymore.   So here is my old chair in all its glory:
So when Joss & Main featured a furniture company I love (Hotel Maison), I was watching.  And saw the chair I had been waiting for.  Top grain leather (so excited!), creamy white, button tufted back, glamorous old Hollywood style.  And all for a very reasonable price thanks to the flash sale discount.  It's coming around May 5th and I can't wait.

Now I just have to decide what to do with the old chair... I'm too embarrassed to donate it.  So throw it off the balcony or burn it in effigy?

1 comment:

thecottageroom said...

Love,Love LOVE the new chair! Drag that old thing to the trash!