A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Friday, November 12, 2010

Dear Kate Spade....

I'm in love. 

I've always been aware of Kate Spade (we are, technically, sorority sisters after all) but never really paid attention to or looked at her designs.

After seeing a friends new purse with a really cute 60s style bow, I was inspired to check out her website.  And maybe that wasn't a good thing because I am not obsessed.  Also, I have had another questionable fashion moment--I can be quite attracted to quirky things and forget that I do not live an artsy NYC life.  Here are a few of her things I love, starting with the questionable one.  Am I crazy to like this purse?

It's a typewriter!  I just think it's so neat!  And there are other matching accessories....
Ahh!  A piece of "paper" to go inside the typewriter!  It's actually a leather pouch. It just cracks me up.  Am I crazy?
This one actually made me gasp--I just LOVE it.  This one I don't feel crazy for liking.  These 3 items were the only ones I saw in this "collection."
In addition to her more whimsical pieces, Kate Spade also has classic, feminine pieces.  I love all of them. 
I also love the sense of humor a lot of her pieces have.  These mittens say "place snowball here."  She also had a yellow pair that said "taxi" and a white pair that says "hi 5"
And her clothes!  I want every single thing she has--it's all so me!  If only I had money...

1 comment:

Kappa in the Commonwealth said...

you are preaching to the choir because i've already come out and said it. If I could live in nothing else for the rest of my life, it'd be Kate Spade!! Colorful, fun, whimsical... it seems like there is always something that conveys the mood i'm in or a piece that I simply can't take my eyes off of.

I want that "On a Whim" bracelet! Perhaps that'll be the next piece I add to my collection... maybe after Christmas :)