A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas Time in the City

I'm not usually a Christmas person--it's usually not until the week before (or sometimes even later) that I start to feel the Christmas spirit.  But for some reason, this year, I am feeling very spirited.  Since I had the day off of work today, I decided to put up my tree--way earlier than ever before.

It's not exactly a Charlie Brown tree--but it is small and a little crooked. I love my tree though; the ornaments all coordinate with the decor of my apartment.  If I may say so, it is a very classy tree. 

I also got to bring out my Nutcracker Suite music box that I look forward to every year. It's not your average music box--it has four rotating scenes and 8 different music pieces from the ballet. 

Here are some pictures of my tree and music box--excuse the poor photography, the tree lights and motion in the music box made pictures a little difficult. 

The first scene--including the rat king in the background.




This is what it looks like when off--it takes up most of the space on my side table!

Silver bird ornament with white feathers

The whole tree.  It always leans to the right a bit... I try not to let it bother me too much

I found these bulbs at a craft store--the pink color was perfect!  They're not pictured but I also have hand-blown blue glass ornaments.  They match all the blue accents in my place.

1 comment:

Kappa in the Commonwealth said...

I love the Nutcracker Suite!! I can't wait to see it in person!