A chronicle of my attempts to live a classy life as a single girl in the Nation's Capital

Friday, October 8, 2010

Notes from the Chalkboard 2 (and beyond!)

It's Friday and I am needing this 3 day weekend more than anything. The best way to describe today would be simply hellish.

My temper is a little short, I'll admit. And I recognize that I am being a little short with some of the students. But there is only so much disrespect that one person can take. But that's what happens when you force teens into an honors course that they don't want to take and don't really need. Not to mention the teachers...

Anyway, here are a few more things found on my chalkboard recently and one hallway poster.

The text reads: "Not a very tasty Oreo" This comes from a lesson on how to incorporate quotes into an essay using an Oreo analogy.  The bottom cookie is the analysis, I made it big to show them that analysis should make up the bulk of the essay. 

Sometimes I get weird and make things "talk."  But... this works better to get the kids to take their stuff than just writing "Whose is this?" above it.

And my favorite...

It's a new dance: Homeomin'  I was having a stressful afternoon and when the teacher appeared in the doorway holding this, I just cracked up.  The really hilarious/sad thing about it is how much care clearly went into making the poster.
And this is why I love English Teachers...

We hung the sign in our workroom.  The next day, this post-it appeared.  It cracked me up yet again.

No comments: